A special THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the inaugural ‘The Battery: Pitching and Catching Camp’! It was a great day of softball, hats off to our athletes who showed up ready to work hard, learn and lift each other up! Shelby and I had a BLAST and are already planning the next experience!
Check back soon for upcoming camp and training dates and locations!
Featuring the University of Arizona’s Shelby Babcock & the University of Florida’s Ashlie (Goble) Rowley!
Two of Colorado softball’s biggest names join forces to bring a Division I caliber pitching and catching, mental skills and high intensity training camp to Denver.
This camp is geared toward more advanced and experienced student-athletes with the goal of playing softball at a highly competitive level. Space is limited to the first 16 pitchers and first 16 catchers who register.
This will be a high energy camp designed to teach athletes advanced position specific skills, introduce athletes to the 9 essential mental skills for sports performance, instill a leadership mentality and encourage athletes to be good stewards and champions of one another. Athletes will walk away with skills and drills to practice for improved physical performance, an understanding of how to set and track realistic goals, and a belief that they can achieve those goals if they work hard and practice with a purpose.
Saturday, February 8, 2020
Angels Sports Academy
601 Salida Way, Aurora, CO 80011
8 AM – 2:30 PM
Athlete Cost: $225
Coach Cost: $100
*Please bring a sack lunch.
*Catchers must have their own gear.
*Parents are invited to observe, permitting space allows.
Coaching Shadowing Opportunity – One of the biggest obstacles we hear from athletes is, ‘my club coach tells me differently’, or ‘my hitting coach says to do’… If we are going to elevate the level of skill and competition in softball, we must all be on the same page. Athletes shouldn’t have to choose who they listen to and when, they should be taught skills that will increase performance regardless of what coach they play for. If you are a club or high school coach and would like to shadow the instructors, learn new techniques, learn the art of coaching a female athlete (how your verbiage and body language speaks volumes), and take away drills to implement in practice, we’d love you have you!
About The Instructors:
A Colorado Native and graduate of Legacy High School, Shelby is one of the most decorated pitchers to come out of Colorado. Shelby a since moved back to the state where she has been a private pitching instructor for 4 years, Shelby has successfully coached multiple pitcher to obtain college scholarships!
- B.S. Degree from the University of Arizona – Sport Management
- University of Arizona Graduate Assistant Coach under Mike Candrea
- 4 Year Pitcher – University of Arizona
- NCAA Regionals/ Super Regional Appearances
- Arizona 18U & 16U Gold Asst. Coach
- Instructor at Multiple U of A Camps
- Graduate of Legacy High School in Broomfield, Colorado
- 3X – 5A State Champion
- 3X – 5A MVP Selection
- 3X – 5A Pitcher of the Year
- 2X Gatorade Player of the Year
A Colorado Native and graduate of Mullen High School, Ashlie is one of the premier catching coaches in the game. Ashlie lives in northern Colorado with her husband and two daughters. Her goal is to train the WHOLE athlete…mind, body and heart, and ultimately prepare young ladies to WIN. EVERY. DAY.
- M.S. Degree – Sport Management, University of Tennessee
- B.S. Degree – Exercise & Sport Science, University of Florida
- University of Tennessee Graduate Assistant Coach under Ralph & Karen Weekly
- Member of the SEC Regional Coaching Staff of the Year
- WCWS Runner Up Finish (2007)
- 4 Year Catcher & Team Captain – University of Florida
- Career and Single Season Fielding Percentage Record Holder (top 5 all time)
- Colorado Centennial League High School Coach of the Year
- Graduate of Mullen High School – 5A State Champion
- Gold Glove Award Winner